The Odyssey of the Mind School Program fosters creative thinking
and problem-solving skills among participating students from kindergarten
through college. It features an annual competition component at
local through international levels. Students solve problems in a
variety of areas, from building mechanical devices such as spring-driven
vehicles to giving their own interpretation of literary classics.
Through solving problems, students learn lifelong skills such as
working with others as a team, evaluating ideas, making decisions,
and creating solutions while also developing self-confidence from
their experiences. For more information visit the "What
is Odyssey of the Mind" page on the national web site.
Our Organization's Goals
- Provide an educational alternative which develops students'
creative problem solving skills through experimentation, original
thinking, and risk taking.
- Give students recognition and a sense of achievement. Improve
students' communication skills.
- Provide a program that encourages the development of cooperative
- Provide, at all age levels, a positive atmosphere where quality
team work and competitive sportsmanship are exhibited.
- Cooperate with the educational community by providing students
with the opportunity to participate in authentic performances.
Notice: This site provides some information as PDF files. To view
these files you need the free Acrobat Reader.
the free Acrobat Reader