Pennsylvania’s Odyssey of the Mind program is conducted by the nonprofit organization Creativity Unlimited in Pennsylvania (CUinPA). CUinPA is an affiliate of the national not-for-profit organization Creative Opportunities Unlimited (COU). The CUinPA state board of directors sets policies and procedures for Pennsylvania Odyssey of the Mind.
Pennsylvania is divided into six regions, with each region conducting its own regional tournament, coaches’ training, and judges’ training. The top teams in each region advance to our State Finals tournament in April. The business of each region is conducted by that region’s board of directors, in accordance with the guidelines and policies established at the state level.
Since 1979, the Pennsylvania Odyssey of the Mind program has been operated entirely by dedicated volunteers, including regional directors, problem captains, and tournament officials. Many of our teams are coached by volunteer coaches.
For information on regional events and regional contacts and officials, please click on your region below.
Creativity Unlimited in Pennsylvania (CUinPA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to foster creative problem-solving among students in Pennsylvania by offering and administering the Odyssey of the Mind program and other creative problem solving activities.
- To provide an educational alternative which develops students’ creative problem solving skills through experimentation, original thinking, and risk taking.
- To give students recognition and a sense of achievement. Improve students’ communication skills.
- To provide a program that encourages the development of cooperative learning strategies.
- To provide, at all age levels, a positive atmosphere where quality team work and competitive sportsmanship are exhibited.
- To cooperate with the educational community by providing students with the opportunity to participate in authentic performances.